Baked Polenta with Italian Cheeses (Polenta al Forno) is an alternative way to prepare polenta, the staple food of northern Italy. Try this version and you may decide that you love to eat polenta more than past just like the northern Italians who prefer polenta dishes over pasta.
Ingredients for Baked Polenta with Italian Cheeses:
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups polenta
- 1/4 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese
- Parmigiano cheese
Directions for Baked Polenta with Italian Cheeses:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In large pot, combine water and 1 tablespoon salt. When water boils, add olive oil and polenta package contents. Stir slowly with wooden spoon. Cook about 20 minutes and stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare 9 x 13-inch dish with non-stick spray. Pour polenta into dish and add cheeses. Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and polenta edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow it to sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This Baked Polenta with Italian Cheeses recipe serves 6.