Pizza with Shrimp (Pizza con Gamberetti) sounds like a very unusual pizza dish. However, if you have ever visited Italy, then you know how popular seafood is to the Italian people. Seafood is incorporated into pasta dishes, salads, appetizers, and even pizza. Give this recipe a try.
Ingredients for Pizza with Shrimp:
- 1 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, rolled out
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled or crushed tomatoes with juice
- 2½ cups frozen shrimp, thawed, veined, tails removed
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 leaves fresh basil, chopped
Directions for Pizza with Shrimp:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over pizza dough and place in oven for approximately 5 minutes, then remove.
- Spread tomatoes and shrimp evenly over top. Drizzle remaining olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Bake about 30 minutes.
- While pizza bakes, place shredded lettuce and mayonnaise in bowl and mix well.
- Remove pizza from oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once pizza cools enough to remove from baking pan, place on large platter. Spread lettuce and mayonnaise mixture evenly over entire pizza. Top with chopped basil and serve.