Sauteéd Dover Sole (Sogliola alla Mugnaia) is a delicious recipe and an easy way to prepare this delicate, tender fish. It can be paired with any one of our vegetable side dishes to make a complete meal. If you like your sole prepared this way, consider trying our Oven-Baked Sole recipe.
Ingredients for Sauteéd Dover Sole:
- Flour for dredging
- 4 fillets Dover Sole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- lemon juice
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions for Sauteéd Dover Sole:
- In large bowl, dredge fillets in flour and coat well on both sides.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add fillets and brown on both sides.
- Add wine, lemon juice, sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from skillet to serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges.
This Sauteéd Dover Sole recipe serves 4.
Tip: Because sole is a very tender fish, it cooks very fast. Depending on the thickness, cooking time will likely be no longer than 7 minutes.