Baked Cod (Baccalá al Forno) is a deliciously simple fish recipe. Since childhood, I have always associated this dish with warmth and security. The best way I know to describe this wonderful dish is to call it “my comfort food.”
Ingredients for Baked Cod:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fresh or frozen cod fillets
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
Directions for Baked Cod:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Inoven-safe dish, combine olive oil, cod, tomatoes, onion, olives, salt and pepper to taste, and oregano.
- Bake in oven about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn occasionally to cook evenly on all sides.
This Baked Cod recipe serves 4 to 6.