Shrimp Cocktail (Il Cocktail di Gamberetti) is the perfect way to begin any wonderful dinner with fish entrees.
Ingredients for Shrimp Cocktail:
- 1/2 tablespoon rock salt
- 1/2 pound small frozen shrimp, peeled, veined
- 4 large leaves Boston lettuce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon, seeds removed
Directions for Shrimp Cocktail:
- Fill pot with water and rock salt and bring to boil. Cook shrimp in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and place in bowl. Add 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil. Stir to mix well and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine lemon juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk with fork to mix well.
- In individual serving cups, place leaf of lettuce and several scoops of shrimp. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice mixture over shrimp. Chill and serve.
This Shrimp Cocktail recipe serves 4.